We run on Sunday mornings at 9.00 am. We take it in turns to arrange the routes from various locations, planning a number of route options so you can choose the length of run to suit your needs. This will usually range from 5K to 8 miles. We strongly recommend you have suitable reflective clothing and an ICE band.
The calendar and our Facebook page will have the details of who is planning the route, where the route is starting from and the link to the map. We use http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ or Strava to plot our routes.
For local longer runs we organise a water drop and refreshment along the route.
Guidance for planning a Sunday Run route
Below are some pointers to help ensure participants safety.
- Please ensure the run is planned on public highways, byways and footpaths that you are recently familiar with as being appropriate.
- If using footpaths please check they are suitable for the conditions on the day.
- Please ensure the route is emailed to Mark Winter or Alison Rivers to be published on the website calendar and Facebook as an Event by the Friday before the run. This allows participants to check that the route you have planned is suitable for their needs.
- Please ensure any changes after that (ie due to changes in weather conditions) are made clear and agreed at the pre run briefing.
- Refreshment stops are appreciated but please choose a location that is safe for congregation.
- In the unlikely event of an incident for which the Club may be perceived to be liable, and if Mark or Alison are not present, it is your responsibility to log the incident and report this to Alison. To comply with our insurance please do not admit liability.